Designed to assist with an intra-muscular technique for the treatment of equinus contracture.
Controlled. Guided. Versatile.
Equinus deformity has been associated with over 96% of biomechanically related foot and ankle pathologies.4
Gastrocnemius Aponeuosis Intra-Muscular Recession
- Cosmesis-Medial Mini-Open Incision (2.5-3cm).
- In a cadaver study, dorsiflexion improvement was seen.3
- Proximal intramuscular approach avoids the sural nerve.1
- Potentially less muscle atrophy and weakness compared to Strayer procedure.1,3
*PiroVue was not used in this cadaver study
The PiroVue® Gastrocnemius Recession System is designed to assist with an intra-muscular technique for the treatment of equinus contracture
Single pack, sterile kit
Recession height 2.5 CM height
Blade handle: 19.15 CM length
- Use of PiroVue in an open procedure is designed to present improved visualization compared to endoscopic. The system offers a controlled and guided release.
- Recession can be done on both gastrocnemius and soles as identified by Silfverskiold test.3
- Convenience of sterile packed kit with no endoscopic equipment required and no ancillary draping time or associated costs.
Connect and customize per, peri and post-operative orthopedic hip ecosystems across the episode of care.
mymobility® with Apple Watch®
Digital care management platform that uses iPhone® and Apple Watch® to help you deliver support and guidance to your patients through a connected experience. Mymobility® delivers continuous data and patient-reported feedback to facilitate care, outcomes and satisfaction about your patients’ surgical preparation and recovery.
iPhone and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
PiroVue™ Cadaveric Surgical Technique
PiroVue Anatomy Video
1. Blitz, N et al. The Gastrocnemius Intramuscular Aponeurotic Recession: A Simplified Method of Gastrocnemius Recession, The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery. 2007.
2. Hoenagels, Eva et al. Gastrocnemius Recession: A cadaveric study of surgical safety and effectiveness, Acta Orthopaedica, 88:4, 411-415, DOI: 10.1080/17453674.2017.1214157. 2017
3. Herzenburg, John et al. Isolated Recession of the Gastrocnemius Muscle: The Baumann Procedure, Foot & Ankle International. 2007.
4. Russel S. Hill. “Ankle equinus. Prevalence and linkage to common foot pathology.” Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. Jun;85(6):295-300. 1995.
PiroVue® is a trademark of Nextremity Solutions, Inc.
Nextremity Solutions is the Legal Manufacturer of the PiroVue Gastrocnemius Recession System and Zimmer Biomet is the exclusive distributor.
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our deidcated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert and information on this website. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.