- Dai, Y., et al. Anatomical Tibial Component Design Can Increase Tibial Coverage and Rotational Alignment Accuracy: A Comparison of Six Contemporary Designs. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 22:2911–2923; KSSTA 2014.
- AAOS_Femur_AP_Diff_Chart Reference based on ZiBRA femoral analysis project on file at Zimmer Biomet.
- Mizu-uchi, H., et al. Anatomical Shaped Tibial Baseplate Reduced Rotational Alignment Compromise in Total Knee Arthroplasty: Clinical Evaluation with Asian Knees. ORS 2017 Annual Meeting Paper No.0110.
- Pletcher, D. et al. Vitamin E Grafted HXPE Shows Superior Mechanical Property Retention Compared to Conventional UHMWPE and Sequentially Annealed HXP. Poster No. 1868, ORS 2014 Meeting.
- Zimmer ZRR _WA_2512_12
- Zimmer ZRR _WA_2401_11, Rev. 1
- Peiserich, M. et al. Retention of Mechanical Properties in a Blended Vitamin E Polyethylene After Extreme Oxidative Challenge. ORS 2013. Poster 1060.
- Bobyn, J.D., et al. Characterization of New Porous Tantalum Biomaterial for Reconstructive Orthopaedics. Scientific Exhibition. 66th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Anaheim, CA. 1999.
- Martin, et al. Maximizing Tibial Coverage Is Detrimental to Proper Rotational Alignment. CORR. January 2014.
- Nicoll, D. and Rowley, D. Internal rotational error of the tibial component is a major cause of pain after total knee replacement. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (British) 92-B:1238-44; 2010.
- Foran, JR. et al. Long-term Survivorship and Failure Modes of Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013 Jan; 471(1): 102–108.
- Berger, RA. et al. Results of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty at a minimum of ten years of follow-up. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 May;87(5):999-1006.
While designing the Persona Knee, we used a combination of advanced research tools to study hundreds of knees. In doing so, we confirmed that implant shape really matters. Fit really matters. Instrumentation and technology really matters. The Persona Knee was designed with all these elements in mind, because we believe a way to predictably improve patient satisfaction is to more closely reproduce the original.
- Total Knee Replacement
- Cementless and cemented, cruciate retaining and cruciate sacrificing options, traditional stem and stubby stem
The personalized design
Tibial bone coverage
with proper rotation1
Persona Femur is able to match
each patient’s native A/P dimension2
Ideal tibial rotation and alignment
Persona Knee System Features
Personalized implants designed for optimal fit and function.
Anatomic Tibia and Bearings
Tibia specs: Anatomic disproportional M/L growth, 9 sizes, left and right implant options, compatible with stem extension, triple wedge design locking mechanism, no lock-down screws or through holds, made of Tivanium® Alloy.
Bearing Specs: 1mm increments, cruciate retaining and sacrificing options including minimal constraint to full constraint, left and right implant options, conventional and Vitamin-E polyethylene options.
Femur specs: Anatomic design with 21 distinct profiles in 2mm increments, standard and narrow, left and right implant options, 12 A/P sizes.
Vivacit-E® Vitamin-E Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene
Vivacit-E Vitamin E Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene is designed with antioxidant protection to help meet long-term performance needs and provide: Exceptional Oxidative Stability4, Ultra-low Wear5 and Improved strength.6,7
Trabecular Metal™ Technology
Highly porous material designed to replicate the structure, function and physiological properties of cancellous bone8
Our most comprehensive knee system, including anatomically accurate components with finer increments to help surgeons personalize the fit for each patient and restore the unique identity of every knee.
Anatomically accurate implants designed for optimal fit and function
- Anatomic tibia design helps prevent mal-rotation while facilitating proper rotation and optimal bone coverage. Studies indicate that internal mal-rotation of implants may lead to over 50 percent of painful TKA cases.9,10
- 21 distinct femoral profiles, with 2 mm increments available in standard and narrow provide the most comprehensive femoral sizing scheme on the market.
- Restore ligament balance with five levels of constraint in 1 mm increments.
Precise instrumentation with personalized control
- Persona Instrumentation was designed to be versatile in its capabilities and philosophies, precise in its measurements, comprehensive, and comfortable with repetitive use. These options were designed to help you consistently achieve optimal outcomes.
Proven technology built on a legacy of clinical performance
- Options available using Trabecular Metal Technology, Vivacit-E Vitamin-E Polyethylene, all built upon the heritage of the NexGen® Knee System.
Persona® The Personalized Knee® System Overview
1800 West Center Street
Warsaw, Indiana 46580 USA
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert and information on this website. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.