OptiVu Mixed Reality merges real and virtual worlds to provide innovative solutions enabling surgeons and care teams to educate, collaborate, and visualize in ways they never have before to create richer understandings
OptiVu™ Mixed Reality
Elevate Your Reality™
OptiVu Mixed Reality merges real and virtual worlds to provide innovative solutions enabling surgeons and care teams to educate, collaborate, and visualize in ways they never have before to create richer understandings.
The platform leverages the Microsoft HoloLens 2 to deliver a suite of proprietary software applications using holographic visualizations to:
- Support patient education
- Streamline surgical planning and workflow
- Delivers on demand and real-time remote support
OptiVu™ Brand Anthem Video
Transforms how patients and care teams learn about complex procedures, products, and workflow
OptiVu™ Mixed Reality Platform Applications
Zimmer Biomet has partnered with Surgical Planning Associates, Inc., on an exclusive agreement to co-market the HipInsight™ System, the first FDA-cleared mixed reality navigation system for hip replacement.
HipInsight System is an intuitive, intra-operative guidance system leveraging the Microsoft HoloLens 2 providing 3D holograms of patient-specific anatomy, instrumentation and implants, to help visualize accurate1 acetabular component placement and alignment in real time.
- Cloud-Based Pre-operative Planning Utilizing CT Scans for Stem and Cup
- 3D Patient-Specific Anatomy
- Intra-operative Virtual Guidance for Cup Impaction
- Automated Holographic Registration and Real-Time Tracking for Cup Orientation
- Compatible with Zimmer Biomet Implant Systems
OptiVu Co-Presence Application Powered By Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist
- Provides hands-free communication, facilitates remote case coverage and supports surgeon-to-surgeon training through the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist Platform.
- Expands the universe of available specialists to resolve questions and issues in real-time.
OptiVu Instrument Assembly Application
- Uses object recognition to guide the user through instrument assembly workflow. This application is designed to increase training efficiencies and can be utilized in the OR during surgery.
- Guides user through Persona® Primary Knee System Instrument assembly.
OptiVu Surgical Demo Application
- Provides procedural information to clinicians and patients through a shared 3D holographic experience.
- 3D visualization simplifies complex procedures
- Can aid healthcare professionals in facilitating patient-physician conversations
- Available demos include:
- Persona Primary Knee
- Persona Partial Knee
- Avenir Complete® Hip System
ZBEdge Supporting Evidence
Zimmer Biomet is committed to supporting the value of our technology with evidence.
Tailored resources for your patients
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT HOW YOU CAN ELEVATE YOUR REALITY WITH OPTIVU? FILL OUT THE FORM AND SOMEONE FROM OUR TEAM WILL BE IN TOUCH.
- Sun D, Murphy W, Lane P, Murphy S. Accuracy of Acetabular Cup Positioning using Patient-Specific Augmented Reality Guidance. To be presented at: 33rd Annual Congress of International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty; 2022 Aug 31-Sept 3; Maui, Hawaii
HipInsight System is a trademark of Surgical Planning Associates, Inc.
For indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; visit www.zimmerbiomet.com for additional product information.
Microsoft, HoloLens and Dynamics 365 Remote Assist are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.