Compatible with most Zimmer Biomet heads and adapters**
The Avenir Complete Hip System is an evolution based on the clinically proven heritage of the Avenir Hip System.2-5
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Femoral Reconstruction
- Bone Compaction
Built on the legacy of the Avenir Hip System1-5
Forged titanium alloy, Protasul®- 64 WF supporting a double layered coating of vacuum plasma sprayed commercially pure titanium under a thin layer of hydroxyapatite
The undercoat of commercially pure titanium vacuum plasma spray (CP-Ti) allows the application of a thin hydroxyapatite top coat.
The length of the Avenir Complete stem has been optimized to facilitate insertion through modern surgical approaches including the muscle sparing anterior approach. The stem length grows in 3mm increments from size to size and ranges from 115mm-151mm measured from the lateral shoulder or 93mm-129mm measured from the medial resection line.
The distal tip of the Avenir Complete stem includes a lateral radius along with a taper in the A/P plane. The reduced distal geometry combined with the optimized length of the stem is intended to address a wide range of femoral morphologies and help avoid distal potting.
Tissue tensioning is achieved through a simple 6mm offset system.
The Avenir Complete System features 13 standard and high offset sizes as well as 13* coxa vara sizes to accommodate a wide range of patient anatomies. The wide size range along with small growth increments between sizes helps ensure proper fit within the femur.
- The Avenir Complete Hip System is an evolution based on the clinically proven heritage of the uncemented Avenir Hip System2-5. By combining legacy features of the Avenir Hip System with new features, Avenir Complete was designed to deliver greater operative flexibility along with surgical excellence.
- As your trusted partner in Anterior Hip surgery, we know that stem selection is of prime importance when performing the approach. This doesn’t just mean a shortened stem for ease of insertion, but a stem that provides greater operative flexibility to best match patient anatomies and help ensure proper fit within the femur.6 The Avenir Complete Hip System was designed to deliver greater operative flexibility through an expanded feature-set. This expanded feature-set includes optimized stem lengths, a reduced distal geometry, a simple 6mm offset system with three offset options (Standard, High Offset & Coxa Vara) and streamlined instrumentation designed to achieve accurate and precise stem seating.
- Fostering Operating Room efficiency and reproducible surgical technique, together with facilitating accurate and precise stem seating. Includes a streamlined instrumentation set, various broach handles are available to accommodate modern surgical approaches including the muscle sparing anterior approach. The line-to-line relationship between the final broach and implant is designed to achieve accurate and precise implant seating with regard to the position of the final broach and resection line helping to manage leg length.
The Avenir Complete Hip System is compatible with ONE Planner Hip, a web-based preoperative planner for primary total hip arthroplasty. Using the auto-plan mode, surgeons can create a preoperative plan within five minutes.
ONE Planner Hip features an optional spinopelvic mobility assessment tool if both a sitting and standing lateral x-ray are provided with the AP X-ray. This web-based planner requires no onsite installation and adds no extra steps to the workflow.
Avenir Complete Hip System Surgical Technique
The Avenir Complete Hip System offers extensive stem options in an expanded size range with intuitive and precise instrumentation pairing seamlessly into a larger Zimmer Biomet portfolio of acetabular shells and liners.
Avenir Complete Product Overview
Avenir Complete Hip Surgical Technique
A Partner for the Anterior Approach feat. Dr Yerasimides
My Early Experience feat. Dr Yerasimides
*size 0 coxa vara
- 7A* ODEP Rating. Latest ODEP ratings can be found at www.odep.org.uk
- Boisgard S, Brientini J, et al. 7-year Results of Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty with the Uncemented Avenir Stem. Hip International 2018: 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1177/1120700018810211
- Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry (AOANJRR). 2018 Annual Report. https://aoanjrr.sahmri.com/ (accessed 21 March 2019).
- Endoprothesen Register Deutschland (EPRD). Annual Report, 2017. https://www.eprd.de/de/ (accessed 21 March 2019).
- NZ Joint Registry, New Zealand Orthopaedic Association. NZJR 19 Year Report Jan 1999 to Dec 2017. https://nzoa.org.nz/nzoa-jointregistry (accessed 21 March 2019).
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; search this website for additional product information. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.