Zimmer Biomet Cookie Notice
When you visit a Zimmer Biomet website (“Site”), we may use one or more cookies, and this cookie notice explains cookies and how we use them.
When you visit a Site, your web browser sends a request message to the Site, which then sends a response, usually in the form of a file that is placed on your computer or other device. In such interactions, the Site cannot distinguish one browser’s request from another. If you want your browser to be recognized and individualized, so to speak, so that you can, for example, continue to receive content that is delivered according to your submitted preferences without needing to resubmit them every time you visit another page on the Site, then the Site must be able to identify your browser every time it makes a request. Therefore, when you visit many Sites, your browser will, at the request of the Site, save a small file called a “cookie” on your device. The file contains information (typically a random number) that uniquely identifies your browser on your device. This cookie will then serve as a signal the next time you visit the Site that sent the cookie to ensure that “you,” that is, your browser, is recognized as a previous visitor with particular preferences.
Cookies may collect personal data (which, in some jurisdictions, would include your internet protocol (IP) address). Please consult our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process personal data.
Common uses for cookies include:
- Identifying visitors who have signed into a protected Site, which enables them to visit multiple pages without being required to submit a username and password for every page;
- Keeping track of visitors’ preferences regarding the content they would like to see and the format in which they would like to view it so they don’t need to resubmit the preferences every time they visit the site;
- Keeping track of the pages visitors’ request and other statistics, which creates data that can be used to make improvements to Site content and navigation; and
- Enabling advertising on third party websites.
We use certain cookies that are considered “strictly necessary”. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
In addition, other categories of cookies that we use and for which we may be required to ask for your consent are:
- “Functional” cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly;
- “Performance” cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance;
- “Social Media” cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools; and
- “Targeting” cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
We may use first-party cookies (cookies set directly by us to your device) as well as cookies served by third parties. Third-party cookies are most commonly used for Site analytics or advertising purposes.
Information about Cookies used on Zimmer Biomet websites
How can you set up your cookies’ preferences?
You can set up or change your cookies’ preferences at any time by using our cookies consent tool at the bottom of our Sites and here.
However, some portions of our Sites will not work properly if you choose to do so. For example, if you choose to purchase something through one of our Sites or put in a password to access a restricted area, you will not be able to do so unless the Site can authenticate you through cookies.
For further information about cookies including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
In Europe, you may also visit www.youronlinechoices.eu to exercise choices about certain cookies.
In the U.S. you may also visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ to learn how to opt-out of third-party, interest-based targeting cookies.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.