Nextra Hammertoe Correction System is the industry’s only adjustable two-piece hammertoe solution.
The two-piece design with RevLock® Adjustable Locking Mechanism provides intermediate locking before final closure and allows for retained compression.
Maximized bone purchase1
- Stable and secure phalanx
- Designed to optimize screw design
- Adjustable bone to bone apposition
- Progressive ratchet tightening mechanism
- Intended to aid bone fusion
2-piece precision insertion
Intermediate locking before final closure
- Proprietary RevLock Adjustable Locking Mechanism
- Natural anatomically correct design with 10 degree angulation
Superior Bone Purchase vs. K-wires2
Designed to increase fusion rate, activity, quality of life and reduce pain.3
Offers a stable, secure implant with 10 degrees of angulation to allow for natural position of the toe after implantation.
3 Sizes for Density and Width
Nextra® Hammertoe Sterile Implant: 3.5mm Middle Phalanx Implant/ 3.2mm Proximal Implant
Nextra® Hammertoe Sterile Implant: 4.5mm Middle Phalanx Implant/ 3.2mm Proximal Implant
Nextra® Sterile Middle Implant: 5.5mm Middle Phalanx Implant
- Designed to maximum bone purchase1, stabilize and secure phalanx, and optimize screw design for repeatable outcomes.2
- This system is able to be adjusted in situ and is removable at surgery offering the ability to revise if position is not optimal. The adjustable bone-to-bone apposition with progressive ratchet tightening mechanism and reversible assembly are delivered using RevLock®.
- Anatomically correct design with 10 degrees of angulation to restore to natural state.
Connect and customize per, peri and post-operative orthopedic hip ecosystems across the episode of care.
mymobility® with Apple Watch®
Digital care management platform that uses iPhone® and Apple Watch® to help you deliver support and guidance to your patients through a connected experience. Mymobility® delivers continuous data and patient-reported feedback to facilitate care, outcomes and satisfaction about your patients’ surgical preparation and recovery.
Nextra® Hammertoe Correction System - Surgical Animation
1. "Achieving Maximum Phalangeal Fixation and Bone Contact through Osteological Design of Hammertoe Implants”; Osteological study of bone purchase for the Nextra Hammertoe Implant.
2. Jay RM, Malay DS, Landsman AS, Jennato N, Huish J, Younger M. “Dual-Component Intramedullary Implant versus Kirschner Wire for Proximal Interphalangeal Joint Fusion: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial”- The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery 55 (2016); 697-708.
3. Jay, Richard, et al. Prospective Radomized Multicenter Comparative Effiveness Study; Two Component Modular Digital Implant Versus K-Wire Fixation For Surgical Correction of Hammertoes.Viewed 2021.
Nextra® and RevLock® are trademarks of Nextremity Solutions, Inc.
210 N. Buffalo St.
Warsaw, IN 46580 U.S.A.
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; search this website for additional product information. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.