Lateral transfibular approach for peace of mind
Trabecular Metal™ Total Ankle
In Harmony with Natural Anatomy
Created to meet surgeon and patient needs, this ankle implant features a low profile design, lateral surgical approach and industry-first Prolong® Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene.
- Total Ankle Replacement
Advanced implant designed to last
- Prolong Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene bearing surface to reduce volumetric wear.3,4
- Trabecular Metal has a high coefficient of friction vs. cancellous bone for stable initial fixation.5
- Reduced bony resection with the TM Ankle leaves more bone, which Statistically significantly increases bony support when compared to the alternative, flat resection.2
6 Tibia and Talus Sizing Options
3 poly thickness options for each size
- The TM Ankle demonstrates 97.3% implant survivorship at three year follow-up, favorable to the overall class of TAA.1,6
Connect and customize pre, peri and post-operative orthopedic hip ecosystems across the episode of care.
mymobility® with Apple Watch®
Digital care management platform that uses iPhone® and Apple Watch® to help you deliver support and guidance to your patients through a connected experience. Mymobility® delivers continuous data and patient-reported feedback to facilitate care, outcomes and satisfaction about your patients’ surgical preparation and recovery.
Zimmer Biomet Trabecular Metal™ Total Ankle
Surgical Approach: The Zimmer Biomet Trabecular Metal Total Ankle is an implant and instrument system engineered to preserve motion in ankle arthroplasty patients. This semi constrained device is designed to provide joint mobility by restoring alignment, reducing pain and preserving the flexion/extension movement within the ankle joint.
Trabecular Metal™ Total Ankle Animated Demonstration
1. Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry (AOANJRR). Demographics and Outcome of Ankle Arthroplasty: Supplementary Report in Hip, Knee, & Shoulder Arthroplasty: 2018 Annual Report, AOA, Adelaide; 2018: 1018. 2018 Annual Report. Adelaide, AOA, 2018. Table A8, Page 11. [Accessed from: https://aoanjrr.sahmri.com/annual-reports-2019/supplementary].
2. Bischoff J, Fryman J, Parcell J, Orozco Villaeñpr D, Influence of Crosslinking on the Wear Performance of Polyethylene Within Total Ankle Arthroplasty. Foot & Ankle International 2014. Vol. 36(4), 369-376.
3. Data on file at Zimmer.
4. Gsell R, Yao JQ, Laurent MP, Crowninshield RD: Improved oxidation resistance of highly crosslinked UHMWPE for total knee arthroplasty. Society for Biomaterials 27th Annual Meeting Transactions, 84, 2001.
5. Zhang Y, Ahn PB, Fitzpatrick DC, Heiner A, Poggie RA, Brown TD, Interfacial frictional behavior; cancellous bone, cortical bone, and a novel porous tantalum biomaterial. Journal Musculoskeletal Research 1999.
6. Zimmer® Trabecular Metal™ Total Ankle Post-Market Clinical Follow-Up Study Annual Report 2019.
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; search this website for additional product information. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.