Combining an osteomy guide and implant into one.
The MSP (Metatarsal Shortening Plate) is an alternative to Weil Osteotomies. The plate features an osteotomy guide for reproducible midshaft cuts of the metatarsal head, and templated and controlled shortening inside a reproducible surgical technique.1
- Forefoot: Well Osteotomy
MSP Metatarsal Shortening System combines an osteotomy guide and implant into one. It offers an integrated, stable osteotomy system for metatarsal shortening.
Color anodized titanium alloy
Ti 6-4 ELI
Left/Right specific - Length: 36.5mm, Width: 7mm
Screws: 2.4mm diameter Locking/Non-Locking (8-18mm length)
Shortening correction: Up to 6mm
Drill diameter: 1.8mm, Driver size: T6
- System offers a low-profile plate designed to help minimize soft tissue irritation.
High Fusion Rate1
- Metaphyseal/Diaphyseal oblique osteotomy in sagittal coaxial plan with no plantar displacement of metatarsal head.
- Creates streamlined workflow during the procedure with pre-packaged, sterile procedure kits that require no additional preparation.
Connect and customize per, peri and post-operative orthopedic hip ecosystems across the episode of care.
mymobility® with Apple Watch®
Digital care management platform that uses iPhone® and Apple Watch® to help you deliver support and guidance to your patients through a connected experience. Mymobility® delivers continuous data and patient-reported feedback to facilitate care, outcomes and satisfaction about your patients’ surgical preparation and recovery.
MSP™ Metatarsal Shortening System Surgical Animation
MSP™ Metatarsal Shortening System Surgical Technique
MSP™ Technique presented by Drs. Lon Weiner and Stuart Katchis
1. White Paper: Bohay et. al. Second Metatarsal Osteotomy Shortening with Tarsometatarsal Arthrodesis: Comparison of Outcomes Between MSP Metatarsal Shortening System and Plates and Screws.
2. Baumhauer, Marcolongo. “The Science Behind Surgical Innovations of the Forefoot”, Foot and Ankle Clinics N Am 21 (2016)
MSP™ is a trademark of Nextremity Solutions, Inc.
210 N. Buffalo St.
Warsaw, IN 46580 U.S.A.
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; search this website for additional product information. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.