The Periarticular Proximal Humerus Locking Plate System combines optimal fit with advanced locking technology to offer a unique system for the treatment of comminuted fractures or fractures where deficient bone stock or poor bone quality is a factor, specifically osteopenic bone. A combination of locking screw holes and compression slots allows the plates to be used as locking devices while applying fracture compression.
The plates are anatomically pre-contoured to closely match the shape of the medial or lateral aspect of the proximal humerus, providing a precise fit with little or no additional bending. The design features a transitional profile that is thicker in the diaphyseal area and thinner in the metaphyseal area to reduce the potential for soft tissue irritation. The thinner profile near the joint line also allows the plate to “autocontour” as the plate is tightened against the bone surface.
- Tapered plate shaft design allows submuscular passage of the plate
- Locking plates with compression capabilities
- Locking screw holes accept either conical or locking screws
- Multiple screw holes with optimal screw trajectories to help capture small fragments
- Shallow thread profile allows for screws with a large core diameter to accommodate loading
- Available in a variety of lengths in both left and right configurations