Tailored Fit. Intuitive Instrumentation. Systematic Efficiency.
The modern, comprehensive plating solution tailored to meet highly variable needs of the clavicle anatomy.
Offering a low-profile design that allows for in situ contouring and length adjustment to provide tailored fit for the highly variable needs of the clavicle anatomy.
- Shoulder and Elbow
- Plates and Screws
Tailored Fit for Complex Anatomy
The A.L.P.S. Clavicle Plating System is designed to allow for in situ contouring and length adjustment due to F.A.S.T. Tabs® Technology. Plates can be bent, contoured and in some places broken to adjust length providing numerous anatomical variations with these 18 plates. This design offers intraoperative flexibility allowing surgeons to tailored plate fit for optimal implant stability.
The system is designed to provide precise, user-friendly instrumentation and a simple surgical technique to help streamline workflow. Specialty safety features are built into the instrument’s design to minimize damage to adjacent soft tissue structures such as the subclavian vessels, nerves and lungs. Instruments provide precise measurements, allowing the surgeon to make appropriate screw selection. Short drill limits the maximum drill depth to help surgeons minimize potential damage to surrounding soft tissue structures. Protection of the neuromuscular structures during drilling may also be facilitated by using the Crego Elevator beneath the clavicle as a drill protector.
The A.L.P.S. Clavicle Plating System provides systematic efficiency due to the flexibility of the plate design and intuitive instrumentation. The implants and instruments required to perform a procedure are provided in one case for easy handling, storage and transportation, eliminating the need for multiple implant and instrument trays. Each aspect of the system is designed to streamline workflow to provide OR efficiency.
These 18 plates in the system are optimally designed to cover fracture patterns similar to those of competitive systems offering 30+ implants.1-3
Offering Superior, Distal Superior and Anterior Plating Options
- Width 8.5mm
- Thickness 2.5mm
- Width 10 mm
- Thickness 3.5 mm
- 2.7 mm Non-locking Ti Screw
- 2.7 mm Locking Ti Screw
- 2.7 mm Multi-directional CoCr Screw
- 3.5 mm Non-locking Ti Screw
- 3.5 mm Locking Ti Screw
- 3.5 mm Multi-directional CoCr Screw
Low-Profile Plate Design
- The A.L.P.S. Clavicle Plating System offers a low-profile design that allows for insitu contouring and shortening to provide a tailored fit for the highly variable needs of the clavicle anatomy. These design features are designed to minimizes discomfort, soft tissue irritation and visual prominence in the clavicle where there is limited soft tissue coverage.
- Offers three-point fixation for implant stability.
Flexibility in plate design
- Plates can be bent, contoured and in some places broken to adjust length providing numerous anatomical variations eliminating the need for multiple implants and instrument trays.
Minimize Potential Damage
- Instrumentation provides precise measurements and a short drill limits the maximum drill depth designed to help surgeons minimize potential damage to surrounding soft tissue structures and protect the neurovascular bundle.
- One drill and one driver following plate selection aim to simplify the procedure for the surgical team, eliminating the need for multiple implants and instrument trays.
The A.L.P.S. Clavicle System offers three families of plating solutions based on varied fracture patterns and surgeon preference. Clavicle bones are unique by nature. The system was designed to allow both intuitive fit, and intraoperative flexibility to personalize plate fit as desired through contouring and shortening.
ALPS Clavicle Plating System Highlights
ALPS Clavicle Plating System Surgical Technique
Dr. Elenz ALPS Clavicle Plating System Overview
Dr. Elenz Clavicle- Patient Position and Exposure
1. Synthes LCP Clavicle Plating System contains 40 plate designs. Synthes 3.5mm LCP Superior and Superior Anterior Clavicle Plates Technique Guide. Printed 8/11. J9486-D.
2. Stryker Variax Clavicle Locking Plating System contains 43 plate designs. Variax Clavicle Locking Plating System Operative Technique. (Doc. No. VAX-ST-8 Rev. 3, 09-2015)
3. Acumed Clavicle Plating System contains 33 plate designs. Acumed Clavicle Plating System Surgical Technique (Doc. No. SHD10-02-H Effective 2017/09)
56 East Bell Drive
P.O. Box 587
Warsaw, Indiana 46581-0587 USA
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert and information on this website. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.