EquivaBone Bone Graft Substitute combines the osteoinductivity of demineralized bone matrix (DBM) with the osteoconductivity, moldability, migration resistance, and hard setting characteristics of proprietary nanocrystalline* calcium phosphate technology.1,2 The formulation allows the material to set hard, maintain its shape, and remain in place during bone growth and remodeling.3 Indicated for bone voids or defects that are not intrinsic to the stability of the bony structure.
- Mineral composition of nanocrystalline* calcium phosphate is comparable to that of human bone
- Provides a scaffold for new bone growth while undergoing cell mediated remodeling as the bone heals1
- Continuous osteoconductive scaffold keeps growth factors2 at implant site and is clinically proven, with an average compressive strength of 1-2MPa
- Can be mixed in a bowl or syringe with blood or saline
- Provides 15 minutes of working time to allow for intraoperative flexibility
- Isothermically4,5 sets hard in 10 minutes at 37°C6,7
- Available in single-patient, single-use kits in volumes of 2.5cc, 5cc and 10cc