Mimicking the Architecture of Human Cancellous Bone
Zimmer Biomet’s OsseoTi Porous Metal Technology uses human CT data in combination with 3D printing technology to build a structure that directly mimics the architecture of human cancellous bone.
- Hip Technologies
- Surface Technologies
OsseoTi Porous Metal Technology is made from the highly biocompatible Ti6AI4V alloy material that has excellent corrosion resistance and a proven history of clinical success.1,2
Integration with host bone4 weeks
In an animal study3*
Directly mimics the structure of human cancellous bone
Average pore size475 microns
Facilitates cell migration, vascularization and bone ingrowth3*
Mimicking the porous structure of human cancellous bone, the physical properties of OsseoTi Porous Metal are designed for the potential of bone integration.4 This porous metal structure facilitates tissue ingrowth and remodeling, vascularization, and very close attachment between bone and the metal.
- Material strength between that of cancellous and cortical bone, which facilitates biologic fixation and loading of surrounding bone3*
- A porous architecture that has demonstrated excellent integration with host bone as early as 4 weeks in an animal study3*
*Animal studies are not necessarily indicative of clinical performance
- Long M, Rack HJ. Titanium alloys in total joint replacement – A materials science perspective. (1998) Biomaterials 19-1621-1639.
- Woodell-May J, Kumar M. In vitro comparison of cell proliferation on Ti6A14V and Tantalum Metal. ORS2007. Poster # 1578.
- Gupta, G. OsseoTi Porous Metal for Enhanced Bone Integration: an Animal Study. Biomet Form No. BMET0718.1-GBL. 2014.
- Data on file at Zimmer Biomet. Protocol #12-04/ 12-07.
56 East Bell Drive
P.O. Box 587
Warsaw, Indiana 46581 USA
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; search this website for additional product information. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please visit labeling.zimmerbiomet.com or call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.