- Tetlak, A., SURGX, Aquacel Ag Planktonic Efficacy Report; Next Science Report TR-06-20-004. 2020. Data on file.
- Esin L, Antonelli, PJ, Ojano-Dirain C. Effect of Haemophilus influenza Exposure on Staphylococcus aureus Tympanostomy Tube Attachment and Biofilm Formation. JAMA. 2014. Data on file.
- Microbiology Protocol – USP 51 and 61 testing of Next Science Wound Gel for Antimicrobial Claims; Next Science Report TR-03-16-003. 2017
- Montana State University Center for Biofilm Education. MSU Drip Flow Reactor Biofilm Testing; Next Science Report TR-10-18-003. 2018. Data on file.
The Last Line of Defense Against Surgical Site Infections
SURGX is designed to reduce surgical site and post-surgical infections by destroying planktonic and biofilm-encased bacteria.
- The gel conforms to the post-operative wound to provide proven broad spectrum and sustained effectiveness for up to 5 days.1
- The formulation is effective against all tested bacteria, persister cells and fungi, which reduced the rate of biofilm recurrence over 100 times.2
How does SURGX work?
Key Data Points
SURGX provides broad spectrum efficacy. There is no known resistance to the technology.3
SURGX demonstrates multi-log biofilm reduction of MRSA and P. aeruginosa when compared to other topical antimicrobials.4 Biofilm cannot form in the presence of SURGX.2
- White, virtually odorless gel
- Contains Benzalkonium Chloride 0.13%, Polyethylene Glycol 400, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, and Water
- Sold in a box of eight sterile 7.5ml tubes
8130 Baymeadows Way West Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert and information on this website. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.