The next generation of rotating hinge knees
Bone Conserving, Modular Hinge
The NexGen RH Knee features a bone conserving modular hinge design that addresses key issues related to many conventional rotating hinge knee designs.
- Primary Knee Reconstruction
- Revision Knee Reconstruction
- Bone Conservation
The features of the NexGen RH Knee are designed to allow bone conservation as well as easy intra-operative conversions from NexGen Legacy® Constrained Condylar Knee (LCCK).
Clinical Use19 years
The NexGen Rotating Hinge Knee has over 19 years of clinical use.1
Tibial Condyle Load Bearing95%
The NexGen RH Knee femoral component and articular surfaces are designed to maintain centralized contact throughout ROM (from -3° of hyperextension to 120°) resulting in 95% condylar loading through the tibial condyles.
Through an extensive portfolio of options, surgeons have the freedom to select the best component combination for any given patient.
The NexGen RH Knee Femoral Component has the same patello-femoral design as the primary NexGen Femoral Components. The patella is fully supported up to 60° of flexion which increases the lateral subluxation resistance and provides a smooth transition from flexion to extension.
The NexGen RH Knee addresses these concerns as the RH Knee femoral component and articular surfaces are designed to maintain centralized contact throughout ROM (from -3° of hyperextension to 120°).
The modularity of the hinge post extension pin was designed to provide ease of implantation without requiring excessive distraction during component assembly and allowing the ability to maintain a minimum jump height of 40 mm.
Bone Conserving Hinge Design
- Same femoral cuts as NexGen Legacy Constrained Condylar Knee (LCCK)
Trabecular Metal Tibial and Femoral Cones*
- Trabecular Metal Tibial and Femoral Cones, made from clinically proven2-4 Trabecular Metal Technology, are available in multiple shapes and sizes
*The Zimmer Biomet NexGen Trabecular Metal Tibial and Femoral Cones are for use only with the NexGen Complete Knee Solution System. When used with the RH Knee System, the Trabecular Metal Cones are for cemented use only in the United States. When used with the LCCK System, the Trabecular Metal Cones are for cementless or cemented use.
Offers a complete continuum of care with the ease of transitioning from a NexGen Legacy Constrained Condylar Knee (LCCK) to the NexGen Rotating Hinge (RH) Knee to the Zimmer® Segmental System prosthesis within the same platform.
- 2002 FDA 510(k) Premarket Notification: NexGen Complete Knee Solution Rotating Hinge Knee: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfPMN/pmn.cfm?ID=K013385.
- Zhang, Y., et al. Interfacial Frictional Behavior: Cancellous Bone, Cortical Bone, and a Novel Porous Tantalum Biomaterial. Journal of Musculoskeletal Research. 3(4):, 245-251, 1999.
- Bobyn, J.D., et al. Characteristics of Bone In-growth and Interface Mechanics of a New Porous Tantalum Biomaterial. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (British). 81-B(5): 907, 1999.
- Shirazi-Adl, A., et al. Experimental Determination of Friction Characteristics at the Trabecular Bone / Porous-coated Metal Interface in Cementless Implants. The Journal of Biomedical Research. 27: 167-175, 1993.
1800 West Center Street
Warsaw, Indiana 46580 USA
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; search this website for additional product information. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.