An excellent Choice for Elbow Replacement
Zimmer Biomet’s Nexel Total Elbow builds upon the original, market-leading Coonrad/Morrey Total Elbow and its 30+ year clinical heritage.
Nexel® Total Elbow offers proprietary Vivacit-E® polyethylene bearings and advances in instrumentation
Includes Vivacit-E bearings to help prevent delamination, maximize oxidative stability, minimize wear, and improve mechanical properties-thereby having a 91% reduction in polyethylene wear compared to the Coonrad/Morrey elbow in laboratory testing1-10
Has ulnar and humeral components made from Tivanium® (Ti-6AI-4V) alloy
Co-Cr linkage system
Comes with a robust Co-Cr linkage system to enhance linkage durability without applying compressive loads to screws
4, 5, and 6
Left and Right
Semi-conforming, Thick Design
1. Zimmer ZRR_WA_2552_12Rev2*
2. Zimmer ZRR_WA_2407_11Rev2*
3. Zimmer ZRR_WA_2542_12Rev2*
4. Zimmer ZRR_WA_2598_12*
5. Zimmer ZRR_WA_2409_11*
6. Oral, E. et, al. Crosslinked Vitamin E Blended UHMWPE with Improved Grafting and Wear Resistance. Poster No. 1181. ORS 2011 Meeting.
7. Oral, E. et, al. Trace amounts of grafted vitamin E protect UHMWPE against squalene-initiated oxidation. Poster No. 1295. ORS 2011 Meeting
8. Rowell, S. et, al. Detection of Vitamin E in Irradiated UHMWPE by UVVisible Spectroscopy. Poster No. 1186. ORS 2011 Meeting.
9. Wolf, C. et, al. Radiation Grafting of Vitamin E to Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene. Poster No. 1178. ORS 2011 Meeting.
10. Aldridge, III, Lightdale NR, Mallon WJ, Coonrad RW. Total elbow arthroplasty with the Coonrad/Coonrad-Morrey prosthesis. A 10- to 31-year survival analysis. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2006; 88:509-514
11. Zimmer ZRR_WI_1222_12* 12) Zimmer ZRR_WI_2441_11 Rev 1
1800 West Center Street
Warsaw, Indiana 46580 USA
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert and information on this website. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.