An augmented fixation system, integrating fenestrated screws and a Bone Substitute Material (BSM) into a single construct to provide improved metaphyseal void fill and increase structural support of the implant.1
The N-Force Fixation System is comprised of fenestrated screws, washers and the Bone Substitute Material (BSM) N-Force Blue. N-Force Blue is injected directly into the fenestrated screw with the use of a sheath assembly to help minimize BSM leakage into the soft tissues.
Not only do the N-Force screws provide fixation, they are also a delivery system for filling bone voids. Because defects are filled after reduction, the screw can be placed precisely in the desired location. The system is designed to create a more complete fill of the bone void and increase structural support of the implant.
N-Force Blue is the only FDA cleared BSM that is validated for use with the N-Force Fixation System. Zimmer Biomet recommends that N-Force Blue be used with the N-Force Fixation System.
Specific System Details:
- 4.0 mm and 7.3 mm N-Force Fixation System kits currently available
- 4.0 mm screws available in fenestrated, fully-cannulated design as well as fenestrated, partially-cannulated design for use when the screw tip may penetrate the opposite cortex
- 4.0 mm screws are sterile packed with a sheath assembly in order to facilitate the injection of N-Force Blue
- 7.3 mm screws available in fenestrated, fully-cannulated design as well as non-fenestrated, fully-cannulated design
- 7.3 mm screws are sterile packed with a sheath assembly and washer for surgical efficiency and to facilitate the injection of N-Force Blue.