- Knotless to eliminate irritation caused by prominent knots in soft tissue
- Low profile to help avoid irritation in the minimal soft tissue of the ankle
- MaxBraid suture between two unique metal buttons
- Easy–to–flip 11mm ToggleLoc Fixation device on medial side
- 6.35mm flat, round button on lateral side
The ZipTight Fixation System for Ankle Syndesmosis is a low profile, knotless suture fixation system featuring ZipLoop Technology. It provides a fixation alternative to rigid stainless steel screws for repairing ankle syndesmosis joint disruptions. The ZipTight Fixation System features a smaller version of Biomet Sports Medicine’s easy-to-flip ToggleLoc Fixation device for medial side fixation and a round button for lateral fixation connected by MaxBraid suture. The ZipTight Fixation System is available with either titanium or stainless steel buttons. The ZipTight Fixation System for Ankle Syndesmosis allows for micro-motion during healing which more closely mimics the patient’s true joint mechanics.