- Multicenter Trial of the Sidus Stem-Free Shoulder Arthroplasty System (Protocol CIU2012-12E/G130026, “IDE”)
- Favre, Philippe, Henderson, Adam D.:Prediction of stemless humeral implant micromotion during upper limb activities. Clinical Biomechanics 36 (2016) 46-51.
- Favre, Philippe, Seebeck, Jorn, Thistlethwaite, Paul A E, Obrist, Marc, Steffens, Jason G, Hopkins, Andrew R, Hulme, Paul A. In vitro initial stability of a stemless humeral implant. Clinical Biomechanics 32 (2016) 113-117.
- Zimmer Biomet Compatibility Website
- Litchfield RB, McKee MD, Balyk R, Mandel S, Holtby R, Hollinshead R, Drosdowech D, Wambolt SE, Griffin SH, McCormack R.: Cemented versus uncemented fixation of humeral components in total shoulder arthroplasty for osteoarthritis of the shoulder: a prospective, randomized, double-blind clinical trial-A JOINTs Canada Project. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2011 Jun;20(4):529-36.
Secure Fixation Through a Bone-Sparing Design
Zimmer Biomet continues to lead the way in bone-preserving arthroplasty solutions with the Sidus Stem-Free Shoulder System. The Sidus System has demonstrated continued success with clinical data from a two year IDE study in the US and Canada1. The studies targeted patients with good bone stock and osteoarthritis.
Clinically-proven, bone-sparing alternative for Total Shoulder Arthroplasty.1,5 In a two-year analysis of 71 patients from the Sidus IDE Study:
Excellent survivorship of95.8%
where three patients underwent revision due to integrity of the subscapularis.
of patients have over a 30 point improvement on the ASES score from preoperative.
of patients completing two year visits successfully passed the radiographic success criteria with no progressive radiolucencies of the humeral component >2 mm and no migration or subsidence of the humeral component.
Clinical IDE study demonstrated increased mobility and reduced pain compared to preoperative state1
In a two-year analysis of 71 patients from the Sidus IDE Study:
- Statistically significant improvement in range of motion.
- Significant improvement in the functions of daily life.
- 92.6% of the patients were either very satisfied or satisfied at two years post-op.
In a two-year analysis of 48 patients from the Bigliani/Flatow Shoulder Historical Control Study5:
- Significant improvement in range of motion when compared to preoperative state.
- Significant improvement in functions of daily life.
- Satisfaction data was not recorded for Bigliani/Flatow Shoulder.
Designed for anatomic flexibility and secure fixation1–3
- Position of Anchor is independent of humeral canal, enabling optimal coverage and tensioning
Flexibility to mate with a variety of Zimmer Biomet Glenoids.4
Anchor geometry and surface finishes designed to resist rotational and lever-out forces.
Four open-fin press-fit anchors designed to provide rotational stability and allow for bone through-growth.
An efficient, bone-sparing solution, should revision become necessary
Humeral shaft is untouched, minimal bone is removed from the humerus.
Anchor contains four large windows for an enhanced view of the humerus, in case of revision.
Anchor contains osteotome slots that minimize the impact on bone in case of revision surgery.
Procedural efficiency with easy-to-use instrumentation
Single-layer tray weighing less than 10 lbs.
Streamlined flow of the instruments to mimic the surgical technique.
Revision instruments included in the single tray.
Sidus® Stem-Free Shoulder Surgical Technique Animation
Sulzer Allee 8
Tailored resources for your patients.
Find videos, articles, and interactive content to guide your patients throughout their surgical journey on ReadyPatient.com, our dedicated patient recovery site.
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert or contact your local representative; search this website for additional product information. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.