The AFFIXUS Natural Nail Humeral System is a long bone nailing system that is built on the Natural Nail and AFFIXUS intramedullary platforms. This system offers a complete portfolio of implants and instruments, which treats a wide range of humeral fractures using simple and efficient instrumentation.
Created with acute fixation options for many challenging fracture patterns, the AFFIXUS Natural Nail System was designed with two implant options for humeral fractures in both antegrade and retrograde surgical approaches.
- The nail implants specifically, were designed with multiple screw options positioned in multi-planar axis, including; AP, ML oblique and ascending/descending angles, which allow surgeons the ability to use a minimally invasive approach in even the most complex humeral fractures.
- The system also includes optional blunt tip screws and washers for more precise applications, if desired.
The AFFIXUS Natural Nail Proximal Humeral Implant showcases the proprietary CoreLock™ technology, integrating a fixed-angle interlocking mechanism into the nail, allowing the user to lock all metaphyseal screws in the construct at a fixed angle at once.
- The nail implants are additionally designed with multiple ascending and descending screw trajectory options to select for specific fixation, if desired.
- The targeting guide offers reduction and screw positioning assistance, with specific pin cannulas and locations for fragment targeting and rotational stability.
The instrument cases are designed in a simple, step-wise, color-coded layout for ease of use and reproducible procedures for the surgeon and OR staff teams.
- Instrumentation cases are also designed modularly to provide space and inventory efficiencies to the hospital
- Cases include intraoperative options including entry portals, reduction tools, and color-coded screw instrumentation placement.