11 mm × 11 mm, 11 mm × 14 mm, 14 mm × 14 mm.
This cervical fusion device provides an excellent balance between porosity and strength. TM-S is the only cervical spinal implant made with Trabecular Metal™ Material, which is a unique, highly porous biomaterial made from elemental tantalum with structural, functional and physiological properties similar to that of bone.
- Trabecular Metal has a modulus of elasticity that is similar to cancellous bone for more normal load sharing which has the potential to minimize stress shielding.1
- Trabecular Metal has a high coefficient of friction versus cancellous bone and the TM-S device has geometric features designed to limit micromotion, enhance initial stability and reduce the likelihood of expulsion.3
- Trabecular Metal Material is made from commercially pure tantalum which is demonstrated to have excellent biocompatibility.2
- The TM-S device is made completely of Trabecular Metal which is up to 80% porous with a 100% open and interconnected structure. Featuring an average pore size of 440 microns, it is an osteoconductive scaffold which is designed to support bony in-growth and vascularization.1
TM-S Fusion Device Trabecular Metal™ Technology Surgical Technique Guide
TM-S Fusion Device Trabecular Metal Technology
Trabecular Metal™ Material Product Brochure
Experience transformational technology designed for three-dimensional bony in-growth.1,2
- JD Bobyn, SA Hacking, JJ Krygier, SP Chan, KK Toh, M Tanzer: Characterizaton of a New Porous Tantalum Biomaterial for Reconstructive Surgery. 66th Annual AAOS. Anaheim, CA Feb 4–8, 1999, Scientific Exhibit.
- Black J. Biological performance of tantalum. Clin Materials. 1994;16(3):167–73.
- Zhang Y., et al Interfacial frictional behavior: cancellous bone, cortical bone, and a novel porous tantalum biomaterial. Journal of Musculoskeletal Research. 1999;3(4):245–251.
Zimmer Trabecular Metal Technology
10 Pomeroy Rd.
Parsippany, NJ 07054
All content herein is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, as applicable, owned by or licensed to Zimmer Biomet or its affiliates unless otherwise indicated, and must not be redistributed, duplicated or disclosed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet.
This material is intended for health care professionals. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert and information on this website. To obtain a copy of the current Instructions for Use (IFU) for full prescribing and risk information, please call 1-800-348-2759, press 4 for 411 Technical Support.