The MAX VPC® Screw System comprises of cannulated, headless, fully threaded screws designed to provide the user tactile feedback during insertion, provide compression to the bone fragments and structural support during healing.
Some other features and benefits are:
- Screw tip includes 4 forward-facing teeth and 2 side-facing teeth designed to provide self-drilling and self-tapping capability and facilitate installation
- Smaller diameter head sizes requires reduced bone removal during insertion
- 39 implant options for patient-specific sizing
- Hex drive with Morse taper to hold screw securely in driver
- Colour-coded instrument system for easy identification
- Cobalt-chromium K-wires can provide increased stiffness and reduces the likelihood of kinking during use*
- Short K-wires for easy navigation and alignment of bone fragments
*Yield strength for Stainless Steel is 110 Ksi min versus 208 Ksi for 35NLT Alloy CoCr.
The MAX VPC Screw System is indicated for alignment and stabilisation of small bone fractures.
- Fixation of small bones, such as those in the foot, ankle, wrist, elbow and hand for treatment of fractures, non-unions, or mal-unions
- Ligament reconstruction
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Arthrodesis of the foot, ankle, wrist, elbow and hand
- Small bone osteotomies, including first metatarsal head osteotomy, metatarsal osteotomies, phalangeal osteotomies, and carpal/metacarpal osteotomies
These procedures may be indicated as part of trauma, deformity, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.