Designed to Address the Unique Challenges of Proximal Humerus Fixation
The A.L.P.S.® Proximal Humerus Plating System is indicated for fixation of fractures and fracture dislocations, fusions, osteotomies, and non-unions of the humerus, particularly in osteopenic bone.
This system offers an extensive selection of anatomically contoured plates, which are available in a variety of lengths and in 2 styles to accommodate surgeon preference for either high or low application on the greater tuberosity. Long plates curve anteriorly around the deltoid insertion, and can be further contoured in situ for better anatomic fit.
The system is designed to minimise the risk of complications associated with proximal humerus fractures, including varus collapse, articular screw penetration and subacromial impingement. Converging and diverging fixed-angle locking pegs and screws are designed to provide optimal spatial subchondral support to resist varus forces throughout the range of motion. Additional design features include:
- Medial calcar screw provides additional stability in the inferior medial cortex
- Pegs with blunt tips minimise screw penetration of the articular surface
- Low plates are
positioned 2cm distal to the greater tuberosity to minimise
- 6-8 suture attachment holes do not need to be pre-loaded and also function as K-wire holes for temporary stabilisation of the fracture
- Precontoured anterior plate curvature is designed to reduce the possibility that a deltoid release will be necessary (7, 11, 14 hole plates)
- TiMAX® Surface Treatment for strength1 and biocompatibility
- Preloaded F.A.S.T. Guide® inserts enable fixed angle, fast, accurate drilling, and assist with plate identification (Lime = Left, Red = Right, Gold = Recommend using pegs)
- Central K-wire hole allows confirmation of plate positioning
- 25° cone of angulation using cobalt chrome multi-directional locking screws (MDS) that lock into the plate by creating their own threads
- 1 driver for all screws and pegs