The Gender Solutions® PFJ System is designed to address the anatomical differences amongst men and women with a reproducible instrumentation platform, aiming to simplify patello-femoral arthroplasty (PFA).
Compared to total knee arthroplasty:
- PFA is associated with shorter postoperative rehabilitation1
- PFA is associated with better knee kinematics in the sagittal plane because of the preservation of the tibiofemoral articulation, menisci, ACL and other supporting ligaments1
- PFA patients showed better functionality, less blood loss and greater return to activity2
The Gender Solutions PFJ System features:
- Increased trochlear groove angle*
- Modified, thinner anterior flange*
- Proprietary guided milling system
The PFJ Prosthesis is compatible with Gender Solutions Natural-Knee® Flex, and NexGen® Standard All-Polyethylene, Porous, or Augmentation Patellae.