Zimmer Biomet’s Nexel® Total Elbow builds upon the original, Coonrad/Morrey Total Elbow and its 30+ year clinical heritage. It uses proprietary Vivacit-E® polyethylene bearings and advances in instrumentation to offer wear and durability properties.1-5 The bearing geometry has been redesigned to reflect advancements in contact stress engineering. The Nexel Total Elbow:
- Available in sizes 4, 5, and 6
- Available in left and right configurations
- Has ulna and humeral components made from Tivanium® (Ti-6AI-4V) alloy
- Includes Vivacit-E bearings to help prevent delamination, maximise oxidative stability, minimise wear, and improve mechanical properties-thereby having a 91% reduction in polyethylene wear compared to the Coonrad/Morrey elbow in laboratory testing6-10*.
- Utilises a semi-conforming, thicker bearing design to reduce edge-loading and stress, and maximise contact area to distribute joint-reaction forces
- Includes an innovative 3rd bearing in the humeral yoke for increased compressive contact area
- Comes with a robust Co-Cr linkage system to enhance linkage durability without applying compressive loads to screws
With the Nexel Total Elbow, we offer an alternative to the Coonrad/Morrey Total Elbow.