The XtraFix® External Fixation System allows surgeons to build rigid constructs for long bone and pelvic fractures with few components and steps. The system is designed to stabilize open or closed long bone and pelvic fractures. It can also be used for arthrodesis, stabilization of limbs after removal of total joint implants, stabilization of non-unions, and intraoperative temporary stabilization to assist with indirect reduction.
- “Pinch-Lock” latch that secures bars and pins without having to tighten the nut, to address “pop-offs”
- Multi-pin clamps with integrated bar attachments eliminate the need for separate posts and bar-to-bar clamps
- Proprietary clamp swivel design provides 80° of motion in three dimensions so pins can be placed where the fracture, not the fixator, requires
- One nut tightens everything simultaneously
- Flexible configurations mean constructs may require fewer components
- SwivLoc Technology facilitates provisional fracture reduction by allowing bars to snap into clamps